We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How do I Give a Custom GridStaticCellRenderer's Control Focus When a User Presses CTRL + ALT + DOWN?

How do I give focus to a child control when a user presses CTRL + ALT + DOWN to expand a GGC cell's dropdown?  The default cell models appear to do this automatically, so that when a dropdown appears the user can use the up, down and enter key to select items in a list.  I'd like my custom downdown to do the same thing.

If it matters, my custom cell control is really just a CheckedListBox, and I want the user to be able to check items without every having to use the mouse.

1 Reply

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team May 9, 2013 04:18 AM UTC

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query. If you want to set the custom dropdown when the we press the keys CTRL + ALT + DOWN. Based on the architecture of grid the we can handle the issue by override the method onKeyDown or OnkeyPress events. You can handle this in your custom celltype class.

protected override void OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)

{

base.OnKeyDown(e);

if (e.KeyCode == Keys.Up )

{

this.OnButtonClicked(this._rowIndex, this._colIndex, 0);

e.Handled = true;

}

else if (e.KeyCode == Keys.Down)

{

this.OnButtonClicked(this._rowIndex, this._colIndex, 1);

e.Handled = true;

}

}

Please customize your application based on this method. Still you have faced the same issue in your end. Please provide any sample to provide proper response. We will update you with the proper response without any further delay.

Regards,

Vinish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon