We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridCellTypeName.MonthCalendar assign default value of Today despite datetime being selected.

Currently in my grid I have GridCellTypeName.MonthCalendar.

Let's take a look at the following scenario.
I select MonthCalendar dropdown menu and a calendar form is displayed with default value set to today. I do NOT select (click on) any date in the monthcalendar form and instead click outside of the cell (anywhere on the grid) however the cell value gets populated with the default value of today.

So despite me not choosing any date at all the cell still gets populated with today's date. Can someone please advise on how this can be resolved. Thank you

6 Replies

GM Gaukhar Massabayeva April 4, 2013 03:33 PM UTC

I use

grdColDesc.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = GridCellTypeName.MonthCalendar;

to declare my cell as monthcalendar type of cell.

RB Ragamathulla B Syncfusion Team April 5, 2013 05:38 AM UTC

Hi Gaukhar,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The calendar form by default select only the current date it’s a default one. And also I am unable to reproduce your reported issue ‘The grid cell value populated when clicking on outside of the grid’ So I would request you to provide a replicated sample that would be helpful for us to provide better solution to you.

Please refer to the attached sample

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/105591/CS-2094730000.zip

Let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Ragamathullah B.

GM Gaukhar Massabayeva April 5, 2013 08:52 AM UTC

The grid cell value populated when clicking on outside of the grid

Sorry I meant:

1. Open monthcalendar dropdown
2. Close monthcalendar dropdown without clicking on any date
3. Move current cell, i.e. click outside the cell you were opening and closing the monthcalendar for.

You should be able to see that the cell got populated with today's date despite user not actually clicking on any date while the monthcalendar was open.

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team April 9, 2013 04:29 AM UTC

Hi Gaukhar,

Thanks for the update.

I am afraid I could not able to reproduce the issue when clicking any other cell. It seems when clicking the Header icon with sorting enabled the current date will be enabled. Because while performing sorting EndEdit for cells will be called and the popup opened will take the current date. I have not checked the behavior in your version, so let me know what version you are currently using.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your query.

Regards,

Arun.

GM Gaukhar Massabayeva April 9, 2013 03:07 PM UTC

Yes this is the behaviour i am also able to reproduce.

I now have a clearer understanding of the problem please check whether you can reproduce it.

Have a parent and the nested table.

Inside nested table have a cell of type monthcalendar.

Expand the nested table and click on monthcalendar dropdown.

Now click anywhere on parent table the result is recordvaluechanged event is triggered and cell is populated with Today's date.

HOWEVER, if after opening monthcalendar dropdown and clicking anywhere inside the NESTED table this event (recordvaluechanged) is not triggered and cell does not get populated with Today's date.

I reckon this is a bug.

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team April 14, 2013 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Gaukkar,

Thanks for the update.

Sorry for the delay. Could you please provide us the version you are currently using.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon