We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cannot bind to the new display member. Parameter name: newDisplayMember on GroupingGridToExcel

Hi,

The above happens when I attempt to export the ggc grid.

My datasource for the combobox is a class. Overall my combobox assignment is like in this sample.

I checked for properties names to be right letter case. But i am still struggling to export. Can someone please look into this. Thank you

3 Replies

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team March 12, 2013 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Gaukhar Massabayeva,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I could not clearly able to trace the problem you are reporting. So please give some detailed description about the problem, so that I will help in a better way to get rid of the problem. Please let me know the following line in detail "I checked for properties names to be right letter case". But i am still struggling to export.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

GM Gaukhar Massabayeva March 12, 2013 02:33 PM UTC

Hello Arun,

Sure, sorry I was a little unclear.

Here is my combobox code

chkLstBoxLists.DisplayMember = "alert";
chkLstBoxLists.ValueMember = "value";
chkLstBoxLists.DataSource = DataHandler.GetAlertTypes();

GetAlertTypes returns a list of class instances. with alert and value being properties.

When trying to solve the problem I searched online and found an article that said that perhaps the problem could be that properties name should be exact because displaymember and valuemember are case-sensitive.

I hope this makes sense.

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team March 13, 2013 06:06 AM UTC

Hi Gaukhar Massabayeva,

Thanks for the update.

Please regret the inconvenience caused. It seems a forum107612 with the same query has been already been created with some more better information provided in that forum. So please keep track that forum Id, we will assist you on that forum. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-windows/107612

Please create single forum addressing a query, so that we will help you in a better manner.

Regards,

Arun. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon