We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using IBindingList to bind datagrid

Does the Datagrid support IBindingList.  I see that it supports BindingList<T>, but I am using IBindingList and having issues when the list is empty.  I beleive this is because the grid is not able to get type information for property binding if list is null.  I implement ITypedList also to handle this, but it doesn't seem too ever call the methods of the ITypedList interface.

3 Replies

DA Divya A Syncfusion Team December 31, 2012 10:05 AM UTC

Hi John,

Apologize for the delay caused.

We have analyzed the reported issue and we are not able to reproduce the reported issue. The methods of the ITypedList interface are invoked and we could implement ITypedList interface. There is an issue only when loading an empty list and we will fix it internally.

However, we do not provide confidential information and patches in the general forum.

You can also create an incident in our Direct trac account with the below link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

That would be helpful for us to fix the issues and provide you the patch through incident.

We have created a sample regarding ITypedList and it can be downloaded from the following location.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Divya.

ITypedListUpdated_84fb0073.zip

JM John Millage January 2, 2013 04:55 PM UTC

I see that the ITypedList does get called in your sample, but it is different than my code, in that you are deriving from BindingList vs me implementing IBindingList.  Maybe there is a a problem with using IBindingList.

DA Divya A Syncfusion Team January 23, 2013 08:32 AM UTC

Hi John,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We analyzed the reported problem. Currently we don’t have support for deriving ITypedList along with IBindingList and so the methods of ITypedList interface are not invoked. Could you please share us more details regarding the scenario for using IBindingList?. This would be helpful for us to assist you better.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Divya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon