Your account has not been activated. Click here to get a new activation Email.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Metro Studio - Icon colour set to white, not all pixels are white

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

105213 Sep 18,2012 01:47 PM Jan 17,2014 01:41 AM Metro Studio 1
Tags: Metro Studio
Robert MacLean
Asked On September 18, 2012 01:47 PM

Hi,

If you setup an icon with a white foreground colour and transparent background you get pixels that are not white (I am defining white as: #xxFFFFFF - where xx can be anything) there are some "grey" pixels that appear to be used for some anti-aliasing. 

I would expect the icon to be made up pixels of only either:
  • #xxFFFFFF (white in any transparency)
  • #00xxxxxx (full transparency)

This may sound pedantic and I wish I didn't ask but for Windows 8 applications if you place an icon on the lock screen it must follow those rules: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh779720.aspx#declaring_your_app_s_lock_screen_capabilities

Thus the icons created by Metro Studio do not meet the criteria.

It would be awesome if it could be updated in the future to support this requirement.

Shandhanu B [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 17, 2014 01:41 AM

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Metro Studio.
The feedback that you have provided has been added to our internal feature/incident management system.
The Metro Studio team is constantly reviewing feedback and initiating action as required and will be acting upon your feedback also.

Regards
Shandhanu B

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;