We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to create summaries for GridGroupingControl that update dynamically based on the current selection?

What I'm trying to do is, to display some data in a grid and add a "selection-based-total".

Simply put, it shows the sum of a a particular column in the grid, but only of those rows that are currently selected.

My current approach:
I've created a custom summary class. And to refresh on selection change, I'm doing this:
grid.SelectedRecordsChanged += (sender, e) => grid.Table.InvalidateSummary();

But this doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas whether this it possible at all? If yes, then how?

Thanks.

1 Reply

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team August 28, 2012 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Harshath,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Its possible, you can create a Summaries for GridGroupingControl.Here what i do to create summary. I hope this will be very useful for you.

// Setting summary -                                      
{

GridSummaryColumnDescriptor sd1 = new GridSummaryColumnDescriptor();
            sd1.Name = "Net";
            sd1.DataMember = "Net";
            sd1.DisplayColumn = "Net";
            sd1.Format = "{Total}";
            sd1.SummaryType = SummaryType.Custom;

this.gridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor.Columns.IsModified = true;

this.gridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor.SummaryRows.Add(new GridSummaryRowDescriptor("Row 1", "Total", new GridSummaryColumnDescriptor[] { sd1 }));

this.gridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor.Appearance.AnySummaryCell.HorizontalAlignment = GridHorizontalAlignment.Center;
            this.gridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor.Appearance.AnySummaryCell.BackColor = Color.FromArgb(218, 234, 255);
}

Then you can hook a SelectedRecordsChanged in your Grid.

Refer the following code this may useful. Its working.

private void gridGroupingControl_SelectedRecordsChanged(object sender, SelectedRecordsChangedEventArgs e)
        {
            if (gridGroupingControl.Table.SelectedRecords != null && gridGroupingControl.Table.SelectedRecords.Count != 0)
            {
                gridGroupingControl.Table.InvalidateSummary();
                gridGroupingControl.Table.InvalidateCounterBottomUp();
                gridGroupingControl.Refresh();
            }
        }

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
Vinish Kumar K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon