The RichTextEditor while in "SourceCode" view is ignoring the bound value assigned.
Here's an example on stackblitz which shows the probem:
Steps to reproduce:
- Initially in HTML view, note that the value in the RTE and the simple input have the same value "Initial value"
- Modify the text in the simple input (note: NOT the RTE)
- Note as you type in the input that the RTE updates (i.e. the value is bound to the "text" property of the control
- Click the "Code View" button in the toolbar
- The current value is displayed (including the much hated <p> tags which is a completely different issue) indicating that it is aware of the changes in the "text" property.
- Change the text in the simple input
Expected result: the "Code view" should display the newly entered text as does the HTML view.
Actual result: the "Code view" contains the OLD value