We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

making controls dock to non default edge with the dockingManager

I added a docking manager to a user control.
When I add a control, and set: enable docking to docking manager to true, the control allways docks to the left of the form.

what property to I need to set to make it dock on the righ edge?
I tried dragging in the VS designer, but can't get it to catch the right edge either.

3 Replies

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team February 17, 2010 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

You can set the docking style while docking using DockControl as follows:

this.dockingManager.DockControl(this.listBox1, this.listBox2,Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Right,200,true);

You can find more information in our UG at following location:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_81/WindowsFormsUI_Tools/default.html

Please let me know if you have any question.

Regards,
Dhivya.

CR Chris Ramirez February 17, 2010 02:19 PM UTC

Tried this, but did not seem to work. I am also using a set of controls that are not to be docked (all inside a docking client panel, which I set the SIzeToFit property to true in the designer

could this be interfering ? since when I add the control that I want docked, it takes the left edge and the docking client fills the remainder of the layout (I want the opposite effect the docking control on the right and the docking client panel on the left)

I added the line of code you send, outside the InitializedComponent() call

It seems to me that this property should be exposed in the Visual Studio Designer (as I drag and drop controls...)

Thanks.

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team February 19, 2010 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

Can you please look into our sample at following location on DockingClientPanel?

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{version}\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\2.0\Docking Package\SDI Demo\

Could you please create a Direct incident and send me your sample to reproduce the issue? This will help me providing you with a suggestion on the same.

Regards,
Dhivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon