We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Support for VS 2013

Hello,

when will VS 2013 be supported in terms of the studio itself and updated help files?

thanks in advance,
W. Andreas

7 Replies

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 1, 2013 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Winfried Andreas,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to inform you that we will provide the Visual Studio 2013 Support to both Essential Studio and help documentation files in our next volume release(Vol 4, 2013) which is scheduled in the month of December 2013.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Vadivel N

WA Winfried Andreas November 1, 2013 01:36 PM UTC

Hello Vadivel,

is there any manual Workaround to achieve integration into VS 2013 even with Volume 3?
Time until December is relatively long and i am otherwise trying to adopt the new vs version as early as possible, indeed have already installed vs 2013 ultimate on one system being really happy with the experience.

This due to the many productivity enhancements especially when working integrating with tfs 2013 that the new version brings. I am quite sure that i for myself wouldn't be the only one being happy not be forced to wait until later this year.

Thanks in advance,

W. Andreas

WA Winfried Andreas November 1, 2013 01:52 PM UTC

Hello one more,

it would be sufficient for me to get some kind of hint how to manually enable the windows forms and wpf controls in the vs 2013 tool box to make this usable, if there is such a "trick" for vol 3. I am also aware of the fact tthat such a hack woul be unsupported, but could live with that for the remaining weeks.

No need integration of the helb files in Help Viewer 2.1 if this would be problematic. I can live with online help or other workarounds regarding help until vol 4.

Thanks again,

W. Andreas

WA Winfried Andreas November 1, 2013 03:25 PM UTC

Hello Vadivel,

i've just tried to manually create custom toolbox tabs for Forms and WPF projects in vs 2013, adding syncfusions vol 3. controls from the GAC.
This seems to work fine, so from my point of view this is sufficient for me to work with until vol 4 gets released in december.
Nevertheless, if syncfusion accidently would decide to publish some interim hack - maybe an updated toolbox installer ;-) - i would not mind either, cause the more controls to add the more tedious that approach gets.

greetings and thanks,
W. Andreas

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 4, 2013 03:26 AM UTC

Hi Winfried Andreas,

Thanks for the update.

We would like to inform you that we had already provided Visual Studio 2013 support to our ‘Toolbox Installer’ in our latest version(11.3.0.30). If you had installed Visual Studio 2013 after installed our Essential Studio setup v11.3.0.30, then please click the ‘Recheck’ option located at the bottom of the Syncfusion Dashboard and then click Yes. Recheck option in dashboard is used to gather the installed software details to InstallInfo.xml file. 

Please perform the below steps to configure our 4.5 Framework controls in Visual Studio 2013 Toolbox.

i) Ensure that .NET Framework 4.5 Syncfusion controls are installed in below mentioned GAC location. 

GAC Location: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL

ii)If .NET Framework 4.5 Syncfusion controls are not installed in GAC, then please run the Assembly Manager from the Syncfusion Dashboard to install the .NET Framework 4.5 Syncfusion assemblies in GAC. Please refer the below link to know about Assembly Manager.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/default.htm#!documents/assemblymanager.htm  

iii)Run the Toolbox Installer from the Dashboard and choose the Framework as 4.5.1 and select the required platforms and then click ‘Perform Action’ button.

iv)Now, .NET Framework 4.5 Syncfusion Controls will be configured in Visual Studio 2013 Toolbox.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Vadivel N 

WA Winfried Andreas November 4, 2013 10:40 PM UTC

Hello Vadivel,

thanks a lot for this update, which worked well for me.

Best regards,
W. Andreas

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 5, 2013 03:26 AM UTC

Hi Winfried Andreas,

Thank you for your response. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Regards,
Vadivel N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon