We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Application with WinRT Studio doesn't pass the windows app certification kit

Hello. If I add a reference to syncfusion winrt library, my sample application doesn't pass the Certification Tests. I just added the reference I didn't use any of the controls. The error messages are:

• API HeapCreate in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API HeapDestroy in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API EnumFontFamiliesExA in gdi32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API CopyMemory in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API GlobalAlloc in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API GlobalFree in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API GlobalReAlloc in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API RtlMoveMemory in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API RtlZeroMemory in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API StgCreatePropSetStg in iprop.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API GlobalAlloc in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.DocIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API GlobalFree in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.DocIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API GlobalReAlloc in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.DocIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
  • API StgCreatePropSetStg in iprop.dll is not supported for this application type. Syncfusion.DocIO.WinRT.dll calls this API.
Thank You.

10 Replies

MJ Michael Jaksch October 26, 2012 08:08 PM UTC

Confirmed....
Same here. :-(

MG Miguel Goncalves October 26, 2012 09:50 PM UTC

One suggestion would be to separate the XLSIO and DOCIO (which seem to cause the problem) into a new library. We would have two libraries (Syncfusion Controls for Metro and Syncfusion Office Documents for Metro).
Therefore until you solve there issues, we could publish apps to the store that do not need to create office documents (because apparently the issues are all related with xlsio and docio).

SJ Stephen Jebaraj October 26, 2012 10:33 PM UTC

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

1) We are able to see the problem with XlsIO and DocIO and will have a fix available as soon as possible.

2) In the meantime, please make the following changes to pass certification for other controls

Run Notepad in administrator mode and open this file

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\10.3.0.64\SDK\SDKManifest.xml

Delete entries for DocIO and XlsIO

<File Reference="Syncfusion.DocIO.WinRT.dll"/>

<File Reference="Syncfusion.XlsIO.WinRT.dll"/>

Save and close the file

3) Open this folder, copy the XlsIO dll and DocIO dll to some other location for backup and delete them from here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\10.3.0.64\SDK\References\CommonConfigurationeutral

Now, clean the solution and rebuild it. It should pass certification now.

Please let us know if you still have any problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Stephen

MG Miguel Goncalves October 27, 2012 10:31 AM UTC

Worked like a charm. Thank you!
Just to confirm, with the current beta version, I can publish and sell an app in the store, if I find that all works as required. Correct?

DJ Daniel J October 27, 2012 03:13 PM UTC

Miguel,

Yes, you can go live with the current beta.

Best regards,
Daniel
Syncfusion., Inc

RB Randy Bonnette October 9, 2019 08:40 AM UTC

Hi there,

Could you please share the Windows App Certification Kit report via Dropbox or send it via email? What kind  of API and Capalibities have you used in your project?

It happens in case I enable Windows Mixed reality, on Unity as well for some of the dlls: Windows App Certification Kit - test results I used to write my paper today

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team October 10, 2019 01:50 PM UTC

Hi Randy, 

We are working on generating Windows App Certification Kit report on simple UWP application. We will update further details by 14th October 2019. 

Regards, 
Abirami 

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team October 15, 2019 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Randy, 

We have generated the windows app certification kit report for simple UWP sample. We are sharing the below sample and report for your reference.  

Regards, 
Abirami 

AL alishakihn June 1, 2023 07:56 AM UTC

hi Flappy Bird After spending 6 weeks with a Microsoft Support Engineer on this subject (same WACK errors and same GDI error message), and running countless tests on various Windows versions, it's because of a bug in WACK running on Win 11.This is also why you only see the GDI error in the event logs when the App is run via WACK, not when the App is run by itself.  

MY MyWheels September 6, 2023 06:14 PM UTC

Salut, price of used car in pakistan After discussing this issue for 6 weeks with a Microsoft Support Engineer (identical GDI and WACK issues), and after doing endless tests on many Windows versions, it is caused by a flaw in WACK operating on Win 11.This explains why the GDI problem only appears in the event logs when the App is launched using WACK rather than on its own.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon