We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Localization support

Hi! All,

I want to use the Schedule control with Arabic cultures. I try to run by setting "ar-SA" as current thread UICulture. But I'm getting following error messages

"{"The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameter name: months"}"

When I check further I found that the following exception has occurred within the navigation calendar in schedule control.

"
TopLeftDate = 'scheduleControlweekOrMonthView.Calendar.TopLeftDate' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException'
"

I'm using custom data provider bases on the "ScheduleDataProvider".

But Arabic culture settings are working fine with Schedule example installed with Syscfusion installation.

So can somebody give me sample code or instructions on what do I need to fix in the data provider to support Arabic cultures.

- Thanks in advance

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 9, 2008 12:30 PM UTC

A couple of comments.

1) Make sure you are explicitly setting

this.scheduleControl1.Culture = Application.CurrentCulture;

so that the schedulecontrol is forced to used the local settings.

2) You did not mentioned what technology you are using to serialize the data in your custom data provider. Some technologies expect dates to use invariant cultures, so make sure you are passing actual DateTime objects to be serialized instead of numerical values for years/months/days. Year values in ar-SA will trigger exceptions if a dataprovider is expecting them to be invariant years.

As you say, ar-SA seems to be working OK in the samples we ship. If you can provide a sample project showing the exception you are seeing (either here or through Direct Trac), we can try to debug it to see what might be failing.

There are changes in the 6.2.0.32 release (release candidate available now) that make RTL work better in Schedule, so you might try that version. But I do not think that version will affect this problem you are seeing but I may be wrong.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 9, 2008 12:43 PM UTC

One other comment on custom schedule dataproviders. The ScheduleCOntrol expects the lists of appointments to be ordered in a special way. The primary sort order is determined by startdate, but there need to be 2 secondary sort orders such that AllDay appointments on a particular date appear before any non-allday appointments, and if 2 non-allday appointments start at the same time for a given day, the longer appointment appears first in the list. If you are basing your custom schedule provider off the MDB samples posted earlier here, those sample DO NOT provide the ordering.

Here is another sample. This sample has some corrections to the MDB_ScheduleDataProvider.cs code from the previous versions that were posted in the forums. In particular, MDB_ScheduleDataProvider.GetSchedule has been tweaked to make sure the appointments are sorted in a particular manner which is a requirement of the underlying schedule code. The appointments lists must be ordered by startdate with the AllDay appointments appearing first in date order. In addition, if an two appointment starts at the same time, the longer appointment appears before the shorter one.

CS_MDB_DerivedAppointmentsDLG.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon