We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AutoComplete - v5.1

I have just upgraded my Syncfusion Studio to the latest version (from 4.4 to 5.1) and now I am seeing troubling behavior by the autocomplete control. My application (VS 2005) has a textbox with AutoComplete enabled with AutoSuggest mode. In the 4.4 version, this allowed the user to type; as he typed, the dropdown list of suggestions would appear with the possible matches but focus remained in the textbox until the down arrow or mouse was used to move focus.
Now, in the 5.1 version, the focus automatically switches to the dropdown list, forcing the user to actually click back in the textbox in order to type each character - behavior that is very annoying to a user who does not want to select one of the available matches or needs to refine the list.
This behavior is readily apparent in the AutoComplete sample that is installed with the studio.

Is there a way to override this behavior in my application?

Thanks,
EK

7 Replies

JA JayaLakshmi Syncfusion Team June 13, 2007 10:10 AM UTC

Hi EK,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

This is known issue in AutoComplete control. Could you please open a DirectTrac incident with subject line "Control lost focus when the matched strings are shown in the drop down- F62332". We will send you the bug fix details through our DirectTrac system.

Regards,
Jaya

BA Blaine Anderson June 25, 2007 07:16 PM UTC

Has then been addressed?

JA JayaLakshmi Syncfusion Team June 26, 2007 04:15 AM UTC

Hi Blaine,

Could you please follow up the incident 35147 to know the status of this issue.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Jaya

CP Christian Pogea July 10, 2007 03:00 PM UTC

i reported this behaviour in defect #3757

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=3757

it is very anoying the bug is still there... the control is unuseable with this behaviour...

JA JayaLakshmi Syncfusion Team July 11, 2007 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

We are glad to inform you that the issue 'Control lost focus when matched strings are shown in the dropdown' has been fixed.

Could you please follow up the incident 35497 for further information?

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Jaya

TB Taru Bazaj September 9, 2008 07:15 AM UTC

Hi Jaya,

I have just installed syncfusion 5.1.0.51 and i find the bug is still not fixed. The text box looses focus when the auto complete drop down opens up.

Please can you provide any pointers?

Thanks!

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team September 10, 2008 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Taru,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The reported issue has been fixed in 5.2.0.16 and further releases. I would like to recommend you to upgrade to latest version. You can download our latest version from the below link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Unlock key :

Please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Hema

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon