We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multiple GridSummaryRowDescriptor row at the very top or bottom of ggc

Hi Guys:

Is it possible to add more than one GridSummaryRowDescriptor row at the top or bottom of the ggc? I need to add additional GridSummaryRowDescriptor that are not necessarily Summary rows but whose cell will be populated manually thru the QueryCellInfo event!

Please help!

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2006 04:31 AM UTC

Hi James,

Yes. you can add the multiple summay rows in a grid by using SummaryRows.Add method. By default, it adds the summary rows at the bottom of the grid. Below is a code snippet.

//For showing two summary row
this.grid.TableDescriptor.SummaryRows.Add( new GridSummaryRowDescriptor("Row2", "parentID", new GridSummaryColumnDescriptor[] {sd1}));
this.grid.TableDescriptor.SummaryRows.Add( new GridSummaryRowDescriptor("Row1", "parentName", new GridSummaryColumnDescriptor[] {sd2}));

If you want to show the summary row at top, See the below KB article for more details.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=222

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Haneef

JA jamesb September 14, 2006 12:47 AM UTC

This solution doesn''t provide the solution that I want to implement. I am trying to add summary rows over the topmost column header, kind of like in the same position as the group drop area.

This solution adds summary row over the child tables and this is not what I was asking about!

Thx!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 14, 2006 11:03 AM UTC

Hi James,

The attached sample shows how you can customize the order of the various sections in the GroupingGrid Control. It reorder the summaryrow section for each table and displays the SummarySection above the GroupCaptiondetails. The sample also shows how to derive custom elements from the Group and the ChildTable and how to hook them into a customized Engine object

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGCSummaryAtTop_8cf810d0.zip

Thanks,
Haneef

JA jamesb September 15, 2006 02:53 AM UTC

Haneef :

This is almost what I was looking for. The only problem is that these multiple summary rows are being repeated or display for child tab les also. I only want to display this series of summary rows ONCE at the top of the grid, just BEFORE the column header.

>Hi James,

The attached sample shows how you can customize the order of the various sections in the GroupingGrid Control. It reorder the summaryrow section for each table and displays the SummarySection above the GroupCaptiondetails. The sample also shows how to derive custom elements from the Group and the ChildTable and how to hook them into a customized Engine object

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGCSummaryAtTop_8cf810d0.zip

Thanks,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 18, 2006 04:55 AM UTC

Hi James,

If you don''t want to display the summary row in a group, you can comment/delete the CreateSummarySection in a OnInitializeSections method of the GroupingGroup class. Below is a code snippet.

protected override void OnInitializeSections(bool hasRecords, SortColumnDescriptorCollection fields)
{
// Summary
//this.Sections.Add(this.ParentTableDescriptor.CreateSummarySection(this));
//You required section here....

}

Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGCSummaryAtTop_9a31f33c.zip

Thanks,
Haneef

JA jamesb September 18, 2006 04:19 PM UTC

You guys rock! I''ve never seen customer service so awesome as you guys have provided!

KS Kunal Shah September 3, 2011 07:10 AM UTC

None of the links or zip files are opening, can you please provide the link to sample files. We would like to implement somthing on similar lines.

Kunal

AS Asarudheen S Syncfusion Team September 19, 2011 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Kunal,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The summary row get displayed after record details by default. If you would like to display it before the record details, the following setting can be handled.

gridGroupingControl1.TopLevelGroupOptions.SummaryRowPlacement = GridSummaryRowPlacement.BeforeDetails;

Let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
Asarudheen.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon