We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hyperlink column in Nested table

I have a series of 4 nested tables: Unit/Region/Division/Items. I would like the Item table to have a column that is a hyperlink. I am not sure how to either programmatically or via the ASPX tags, to create an item template that can be used in a nested table. I don''t seem to be able to find an answer via the search/help. Thank you. MS

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 8, 2006 04:39 PM UTC

Hi Michael, There are some issues with using templates in nestedtables.We alreay have addressed these issues and we will be posting a patch version most probably tomorrow. Where you can able to set the Item template in the aspx code as follows: (Assume if you want to inlcude an ItemTemplate of Hyperlink in a nested column where the column name is "SomeName") <%# Container.StyleInfo.Text %> //Other Column Descriptors... Thanks, A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 8, 2006 04:53 PM UTC

HI Michael , Here is the Code what i was saying in previous posting. $GridRelations> $sfwg:GridRelationDescriptor MappingName="NestedTableDescriptorName"> $GridChildTableDescriptor> $Columns> $sfwg:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="SomeName"> $ItemTemplate> $asp:HyperLink id=HyperLink1 runat="server" NavigateUrl="<%#ServerMethod(Container.StyleInfo.Text)%>" Target="_blank" > $%# Container.StyleInfo.Text %> $/asp:HyperLink> $/ItemTemplate> $/sfwg:GridColumnDescriptor > //Other GridColumnDescriptor ........ $/Columns> $/GridChildTableDescriptor> $/sfwg:GridRelationDescriptor> $/GridRelations> I simply used $ instead of open tag , I guess that should be the issue in previous posting Thanks, A.Sivakumar

MS Michael Shorten March 8, 2006 05:32 PM UTC

Hello - I am pursuing this via Rebecca in Sales, but I thought I would this here as well. I create all of my GridRelationshipDescriptors in code. I''m basing my code off of the Hierarchical samples. I am not sure how to "wire" the tags that go in the aspx so that they connect with the descriptors I create in code OR I am not sure how to create a descriptor in the ASPX and reference it in code. Thoughts? Thanks! MS

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2006 03:29 PM UTC

Hi Michael, Take a look at this post for details. Thanks A.Sivakumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon