We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Moving colums for child rows

Hi, I''m using a GDBG (C#) and have parent rows which can have zero or more children. If I drag a column to a different position, the column is correctly moved for the parent row, however any child rows do not have their columns moved to the new position. How can I work around this? Thanks

3 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 5, 2006 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Chris, This is quite harder to achieve in a GDBG, as the second header does not have the header functionality but GridGroupingControl has this ability since it is designed to hold the tables independent. Here is a simple GGC sample. Best regards, Stanley

CD Christopher Dugdale January 5, 2006 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Stanley, Thanks for the sample code. However we have gone down the route of using a GDBG and moving to a GridGroupingControl would require some major rework which we currently are unable to do. Is there a work around for the GDBG? For example can I hook into the ColsMoving event and manipulate the child rows? Or something of that nature.... A pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Cheers Chris.

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 6, 2006 03:09 PM UTC

Hi Chris, By rearranging the column order in the LayoutColumns as per the column movements of the parent table is one way of achieving the columns movement of the child table. A rough sample here. Best regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon