We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GDBG keystroke navigation/selection

I would like to implement a keystroke navigation feature for a readonly GDBG, similar to the one of windows explorer that would move the focus/selection to the next record of the current column that starts with the letter that matches the key that has been pressed. It seems to me that the built-in searching mechanism cant help me on the above and that i need to use a DataView to perform that search on. Please advice

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2005 10:11 AM UTC

You could use the GridFindReplaceDialogSink support to do this or you could use the DataView.Find support. But it is straight forward and very efficient to just loop through the underlying data list and testing the first character in the entry. There are some possible details you may need to handle. If you are using foreign key columns for example, you have to decide whether you are searching the raw (valuemember) data or the display data. If you have specially formatted columns like DataTime columns, what do you need to search there? In these cases, you can search the FormattedText member to look at this display text. Here is a sample showing the two different search techniques. One juts searches the raw data in the underlying list. This is fast. The other searches the display text from the grid. This is slower. If your lists are of order 1000 items, then it does not matter which one you use. But if your lists are much larger, then directly using the underlying list is probably 10 times faster. (You could use both searching techniques - using the slow one only when you need the formatted value). http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBG_TypeTo_8c712c04.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2005 11:18 AM UTC

Thanks for your help

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon