We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Exception while Dragging the Floating form in tabbed MDI

Hello there,

I am using the Syncfusion Essential Studio 4.2;
Visual Studio 2005 and .NET 2.0

I am developing a MDI application, using Syncfusion's TabbedMDIManager and DockingManager. I am getting exception while dragging the one of two or more floating form in the application.
I have attached a sample; the steps to reproduce the issue are,
1. Run the Application in Maximize mode(Full screen)
2. Open three new child windows(File->New)
3. Right click on the "Child Form 3" and make it float, do the same for the "Child Form 2" it will show (floating form)just top of the the Form 3.
4. Now left click on the title bar of the "Form 2" and drag the form and move right and left slowly the exception occurs. (you may have to run the application another time to reproduce it)

Is this a known issue or am i doing something wrong? I need a solution for this as soon as possible.

Regards,
Sekar

SyncMDIApp.zip

4 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team April 20, 2007 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Sekar,

I am able to reproduce the issue of exception being thrown when a floating window is dragged.

I will forward this issue to the development team. As a workaround, we can set the DragProviderStyle property of the DockingManager to Standard to resolve this issue.

I have modified the sample you have given and attached it. Please have a look at it and let me know if this helps you.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/tools.Windows/F59646/main.htm

Best regards,
Golda

SE Sekar April 20, 2007 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Golda,
Thanks for your reply. It is working fine.

Regards,
Sekar

LJ Louis Janosek April 20, 2007 06:34 PM UTC

>Hi Golda,
Thanks for your reply. It is working fine.

Regards,
Sekar

Do you have an anticpated version number this will be fixed in so we can back out the workaround. Thanks in advance.

Louis

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team April 23, 2007 04:12 AM UTC

Hi Louis,

Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident with the subject line "Exception while dragging the floating form in tabbed MDI-F59646" so that we can give more details regarding the fix?

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon