We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion Essential Studio version 5.0

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on the release schedule for version 5. We expect to have a release candidate available on the 26th of March, 2007. Please note that this can change if we run into any unexpected issues during testing. We will post updates here if this date does change.

New features and updates in version 5

Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Best regards,
Daniel
Syncfusion, Inc

33 Replies

SG Steve Graddy March 26, 2007 03:57 PM UTC

Are we on track for the 5.0 release today as previously announced?

Steve

MI Mike March 27, 2007 12:02 PM UTC

Me too, I want to know. We are behind of schedule because of the Vista compatilibity issues and 64x issues.

Regards

Mike

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 27, 2007 03:48 PM UTC

Steve / Mike,

We are a little behind schedule. We expect that it will take us about a week (more) to release a public build. Support will however have access to builds that they can send out to customers before this Friday. If you have 64 bit or Vista compatibility issues you can certainly obtain these builds.

We apologize for the delay. Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Best regards,
Daniel

>Me too, I want to know. We are behind of schedule because of the Vista compatilibity issues and 64x issues.

Regards

Mike

AN Anonymous March 29, 2007 01:44 PM UTC

"We were way ahead of schedule, so we revised the schedule. Now we're way behind schedule because we lost too much time revising the schedule. What we need is a schedule to help us revise our schedules on schedule."

Will you ever learn? Each version were late. Tell us, when the product is ready that you will deliver it in two days but make it ready the day after. You will look good for a change! ;-)

AS Andrew Skalkin March 29, 2007 09:04 PM UTC

>Tell us, when the product is ready that you will deliver it in two days but make it ready the day after. You will look good for a change! ;-)

I absolutely agree. In fact, this is becoming very frustrating experience for my company. I understand that it's hard to meet tight deadlines, but why would you give us such promises? By doing it, you are doing harm to both your reputation and to companies that rely on your product. Now we have to delay releases of our products because critical bugs in SF don't get fixed in time. And the worst thing is that I can't be sure that 1) the release will be ready on April, 4 and 2) the release will fix the problems. Fantastic.

Here is what you get when you ask SF to give you an estimate:

SF> We will release new version that fixes those bugs in the middle of March.
Me> Can you estimate the probability that the public release will be ready no later than March, 20? What about March, 30?
SF> The release will in third week of this month.

Now the website says "Essential Studio version 5 Beta will be available for download on April 3, 2007. The final release will be available on April 4, 2007." Is that some kind of a joke?

XE Xerxos March 30, 2007 06:34 AM UTC

This behaviour is very very bad. Each time my supervisor asks me about the new version of our software I have to answer that it is delayed again by SF. We want to participate the Windows Vista Logo Program but cannot as we are still waiting for a bugfree, fast and reliable version. Nevertheless we got daily calls by the SF sales in order to continue our license for an other year....

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 2, 2007 08:26 AM UTC

Everyone,

A beta version of Essential Studio v5 is now available. To obtain, please send an email request to salessupport@syncfusion.com with your contact informatiom. You may also obtain it by asking for it in a Direct-Trac incident.

This beta is only available to current customers. You will receive download instructions just after noon today.

Best regards,
Daniel
Syncfusion, Inc

AN Anonymous April 11, 2007 01:21 PM UTC

Hi,

I'm almost affraid to ask, but do you have a target date for the final release ?

regards,

Mike

MS Matthew Schneider April 11, 2007 02:25 PM UTC

I was told that .NET 1.1 support would not be added to the build until the RC was available. Any idea when that would be, or would it be possible to get a 1.1 build prior to then?

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 16, 2007 04:12 AM UTC

Hi,

Yes, we will have 1.1 assemblies available by Wednesday. These will be available as a separate download.

Best regards,
Daniel
Syncfusion, Inc

>I was told that .NET 1.1 support would not be added to the build until the RC was available. Any idea when that would be, or would it be possible to get a 1.1 build prior to then?

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 16, 2007 04:21 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

No, we do not have a firm date for the release yet. There will be a beta refresh this week. We have had some issues reported during beta testing and the final release will depend on resolution of these. We should have a firm date before the end of this week.

Best regards,
Daniel
Syncfusion, Inc

>Hi,

I'm almost affraid to ask, but do you have a target date for the final release ?

regards,

Mike

MS Matthew Schneider April 19, 2007 01:06 PM UTC

So, as it is now Thursday and I don't see any obvious way to download them, how would I get ahold of the 1.1 assemblies? Direct-Trac request?

>Hi,

Yes, we will have 1.1 assemblies available by Wednesday. These will be available as a separate download.

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team April 20, 2007 01:17 AM UTC

Hi Schneider,

Yes. Please create a incident in Direct-Trac and request for download the service pack which support .Net 1.1 Framework.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh

>So, as it is now Thursday and I don't see any obvious way to download them, how would I get ahold of the 1.1 assemblies? Direct-Trac request?

>Hi,

DI do i have to April 25, 2007 03:43 AM UTC

I have to also pitch in as well. As most of your customers are also software shops, I know they empathize with you as far as delays; however, that goes out the window with the numerous missed deadlines. Because you guys know that your clients are software shops (Or IT depts that deliver internal software), you should be even more careful to give out release dates. As has previously been mentioned, your delays also affect us. Even MS, known for missed deadlines, when they give you a specific date, they stick to it. If your releases are constantly so shaky, why haven't you learned your lessons and provide better estimates. This is by far the worst experience(s) I've had with a component vendor. It definitely makes us want to go to someone like Infragistics/Component One/Telerik where they have a set release cycle of every quarter. Their customers CAN bet that they'll get a new drop every quarter!

DD Dave Daniels April 25, 2007 02:55 PM UTC

I sure hope SyncFusion releases their product when it is finished instead of like other component vendors who release it on a quarterly basis and are plagued by numerous bugs. I would rather have the delays and get it right than to get guaranteed bugs every quarter. I am also a customer of other component vendors, and yes, some of theose named in the previous poster's comments. I am not saying anything bad about them as I maintain my software with them as well. But I also speak from experience. I have experienced many things undesireable with others in the past especially with those wonderful "Quarterly" releases.

I only ask one thing of SyncFusion as a customer, get it right, not fast. I would rather go to my VP and tell them my project is delayed for vendor refinement than to tell them they will have to live with certain bugs.

The old saying goes "Quality, On Budget, or On Time - Pick one"

MI Mike April 25, 2007 03:33 PM UTC

I partly agree with DVD. I preffer to get it right.

The real problem is not the fact that's is quaterly or not. Nor the fact that it right or buggy. The real problem is being given a date that is never respected. If you're not sure, just don't give one instead of some random guess.

For me, that is the real problem.

Regards,

Mike

DI do i have to April 25, 2007 08:07 PM UTC

You hit it square on Mike.

My issue is not with the delay between releases. The point I was trying to make was that with the other vendors I am sure when I'm going to get a release. Syncfusion's continued use of actual dates is the root of the problem. I'd rather them say the release is put off by a quarter than having a March date then an April date and what I'm assuming is soon going to be a May date.

Carlos

PH Phil April 26, 2007 10:42 AM UTC

I'd like to echo the sentiments expressed here. For me the issue is one of credibility and reputation. As software vendors we are caught in a food chain; it's innevitable that delays cascade. Our customers don't care a jot once their trust is lost. Like us, they want good quality software and to know when to expect it. Internal problems don't count (however sympathetic and understanding one can be). We can't tell our customers when to expect or we hedge our bet, risking disappointment either way. Delay for the sake of quality improvement I can live with (we bought from Syncfusion because of high quality and richness of product), a broken promise -- well, that's something else altogether...

MI Mike April 26, 2007 02:30 PM UTC

Well, actualy, I think they are earing uns! ;-) because we don't have a release date for V5.

That's ok with me. Because I have very good ans fast services at the Direct Track.

I just wanted to say this because it's not all bad. It's just deceiving, but hey, I made understand to my customers that even ATI some other big players don't even have all sets for Vista, which is may actual problem that are corrected in the V5. So I play it cool actually.

hey guys upstairs!!! Yeah you there!!! Juste give us the date when you will be sure it's okay!! ;-)

We must stay posivite though!

Mike

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 26, 2007 05:05 PM UTC

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience. We made the RC available earlier today (both eval and Direct-Trac). Please download it and let us know if any changes are needed.

Best regards,
Daniel

DD Dave Daniels April 26, 2007 05:20 PM UTC

I only see the 5.1.0.0 link. Do we have to create an incident to get the link?

Thanks

>Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience. We made the RC available earlier today (both eval and Direct-Trac). Please download it and let us know if any changes are needed.

Best regards,
Daniel

MI Mike April 26, 2007 08:13 PM UTC

That's what I'm talking about!

when it's not expected, it's like a gift!

thank you, I go right away to my direct track account.

Mike

AI Apolon Ivankovic April 27, 2007 12:29 AM UTC

I haven't got my activation key as yet, so can't install the package but I did notice it was only 129MB. Whats missing from the install set since the last beta rev was up around 300MB?

MI Mike April 27, 2007 01:58 PM UTC

I asked the same question, no answer yet. But I think it's just an update you install after the beta. you need both.

Mike

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team April 27, 2007 07:54 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Please refer the below documentation that shows clearly the changes between the builds.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Install.pdf

Please try this and let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Nanda

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 28, 2007 05:42 AM UTC

Hi everyone,

As the PDF document mentions the main reason for the reduction in size is the exclusion of integrated help. This can still be installed on demand. We did this to make the distribution of updates easier.

The RC is self contained and does not need any prior version to be installed.

Best regards,
Daniel

AL Alex May 7, 2007 11:32 AM UTC

Dear Syncfusion,
this complete behaviour is terrible. Due to your note at March 26 (Syncfusion Essential Studio Version 5 set for release—Office 2007 look and feel, Vista compatibility) we had decided to choose this for our Vista Logo Certification... we failed to pass till 1.5.2007 due to this endless "next week will be Release"-behavior. Our 1500 USD voucher has gone worthless which ended at 1.5.2007.

The press notice at March 26th was an rash promise I think. Without this we had choosen another product of our portfolio.

Meanwhile we have another chance to submit our software until 31th May. If there is no V5 within the next days please tell us so we can repeat the Vista Logo program test cases with another solution by ourselves. So tell us a reliable(!) date.

Thank you
Alex

AS Andrew Skalkin May 8, 2007 05:54 PM UTC

Alex,

Given the rate at which bugs are being fixed, I doubt they will release it in May. I've actually spent last couple of days fixing bugs in their code - ComboBoxAdv is absolutely unusable now :( Very frustrating.

Regards,
Andrew

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team May 9, 2007 04:24 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

We released version 5.1 today. Email notification is in progress (but keys and link are available in Direct-Trac).

Best regards,
Daniel
Syncfusion, Inc

>Dear Syncfusion,
this complete behaviour is terrible. Due to your note at March 26 (Syncfusion Essential Studio Version 5 set for release—Office 2007 look and feel, Vista compatibility) we had decided to choose this for our Vista Logo Certification... we failed to pass till 1.5.2007 due to this endless "next week will be Release"-behavior. Our 1500 USD voucher has gone worthless which ended at 1.5.2007.

The press notice at March 26th was an rash promise I think. Without this we had choosen another product of our portfolio.

Meanwhile we have another chance to submit our software until 31th May. If there is no V5 within the next days please tell us so we can repeat the Vista Logo program test cases with another solution by ourselves. So tell us a reliable(!) date.

Thank you
Alex

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team May 9, 2007 04:27 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the ComboBoxAdv control. Can you possibly send me details after checking with the final release - version 5.1.0.51?

Thanks,
Daniel (danieljSYMBOLATsyncfusion.com)
Syncfusion, Inc

>Alex,

Given the rate at which bugs are being fixed, I doubt they will release it in May. I've actually spent last couple of days fixing bugs in their code - ComboBoxAdv is absolutely unusable now :( Very frustrating.

Regards,
Andrew

MI Mike May 9, 2007 06:16 PM UTC

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that. I haven't had expectation for this release. Now it's a good suprise today.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mike

AS Andrew Skalkin May 10, 2007 09:10 PM UTC

>Hi Andrew,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the ComboBoxAdv control. Can you possibly send me details after checking with the final release - version 5.1.0.51?

I've submitted the example that reproduces 4 ComboBoxAdv-related bugs yesterday.

We have found another unpleasant surprise today. If you create a simplest MDI app (see attached example), run it under Win2K and click on any top-level menu item, you'll get Win32Exception. I appreciate all the hard work you guys do, but this is becoming ridiculous.

The funny thing is that we do not use any of the new "cool" features in Syncfusion, with each new release of your library we simply hope to get rid of the bugs existing in the v2.1, when we first released our application. How long ago was it, 2, 3 years? Instead, we get more and more bugs in that small subset of Syncfusion's functionality that we use (Grid and Tools).

P.S. Adding the following line to MenuGridHost.cs, line 615 (constructor) "fixes" this bug:
object o = Handle;

Baby3dx0.zip

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team May 11, 2007 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

I regret for the inconvenience caused.

We are working on the incident #33942 in which you have reported the same issue. We are able to reproduce it and forwarded it to the development team. Kindly follow up with the incident #33942 for further details.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon