We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Record.setvalue is taking more time

Hi

I am using the
rec.SetValue(ColumnName,columnValue); function of the record object to assign the value to the partucular record cell. It is taking long time. If i have 47 records in to update in grid grouping control then it is taking more than minutes...

Please help me to improve the performance of the record,setvalue function OR tell me any other alternative way to do this

Please help

Thanks
Harshad

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2007 05:42 PM UTC

Hi Harshad,

Try calling Record.SetValue method between the Record.BeginEdit and Record.EndEdit call.And also you can handle the gridGroupingControl1.SourceListListChanged event and set the ShouldResetCurrentRecord to false. By default this is true and will be resetting the current record for every change to see if it helps with the performance.

record.BeginEdit();
record.SetValue("ColumnName","columnValue");
record.EndEdit();

this.gridGroupingControl1.SourceListListChanged += new TableListChangedEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_SourceListListChanged);

private void gridGroupingControl1_SourceListListChanged(object sender, TableListChangedEventArgs e)
{
e.ShouldResetCurrentRecord = false;
e.ShouldIgnoreReset = true;
}

Also refer to the below attachment for more details.
PerformanceSamplesANDdesc.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon