We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Button inside a Grid column

Hi,

I want to add a button inside a Grid control, and this is how I am doing it.

and inside my class, I do

this.MyGrid.CellButtonClick += new GridCellButtonClickEventHandler(MyGrid_CellButtonClick);

I do see a button, but the on click event does not get fired. What could be wrong?

Thanks,
Jitesh

7 Replies

MN Muthulakshmi N Syncfusion Team August 6, 2010 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Jitesh,

Thank you for your details.
By handling this.MyGrid.CellClick += new GridCellClickEventHandler(MyGrid _CellClick)
event you can listen the action of the button which is present inside the UnboundVisibleColumn of the GDC .

Let us know if you need any details.

Thanks,
Muthulakshmi

VJ Valiyaveettil Jitesh Ramanathu August 6, 2010 05:59 PM UTC

That works. Thank you.

Jitesh

MN Muthulakshmi N Syncfusion Team August 12, 2010 06:09 AM UTC

Hi Jitesh,

Thank you for your update.

Thanks,
Muthulakshmi

SJ Scott Jeslis August 19, 2010 05:12 PM UTC

This doesn't seem to work if the button doesn't completely fill the cell, use this XAML for example:

MN Muthulakshmi N Syncfusion Team August 25, 2010 05:27 AM UTC

Hi Jitesh,

Thank you for your details.

Here we have prepared a sample which illustrates your request. Please download the sample from the below location.

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=ButtoninUnboundGDC_2edadb33.zip&team=development

Using below xaml you can activate the button which is present inside the UnboundColumn of GridDataControl.

[xaml snippet]

MappingName="unboundColumn"
HeaderText="unboundColumn "
CellTemplate="{StaticResource AddButtonTemplate}" />

Thanks,
Muthulakshmi

VJ Valiyaveettil Jitesh Ramanathu October 13, 2010 09:28 PM UTC

Hi,

Your previous suggestion helped and I was able to capture the CellClick event. But, my event handler does not tell me which is the row from which the cell is clicked. The rowIndex from eventArgs return the row Id, but that information is not useful after the user sorts my Grid on one of the columns. I thought of binding to SlectedItem, but that returns null.

Can you please tell me how I can access the data object corresponding to specific row that is clicked?

Thanks,
Jitesh

KA Kamalakannan A Syncfusion Team November 15, 2010 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Jitesh,

Sorry for the delay caused.

The Cell row column index can be calculated from the mouse button down point using PointToCellRowColumnIndex() method as follows.

[Code Snippet [C#]

this.grid.PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown += new MouseButtonEventHandler(grid_PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown);

void grid_PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown(object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
{
RowColumnIndex RowCol = grid.PointToCellRowColumnIndex(e);
}

Thanks,
Kamal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon