We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom cursors while dragging objects onto/across GridControl

Hello, I''d like to drag objects from one part of my application onto my GridControl, and have the cursor change depending on what is beneath it. Inside my GiveFeedback method I''m changing the Cursor but nothing seems to happen. When there is a hiccup in the refresh I can sometimes see my Cursor being drawn, but it is quickly replaced by the default. I''ve also tried using a class that implements IMouseController, but I don''t get any notifications there while dragging. I also tried setting DataObjectConsumerOptions to None, but it didn''t seem to help. What am I missing? Is it possible to use custom cursors while dragging without using IMouseController? If not, how do I enable DnD notification using an IMouseController-implementing class? Thanks! Keith

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 16, 2005 12:32 PM UTC

Here is a little sample that uses GiveFeedBack (on the ole source object) to control the cursor over the grid. It allows you to drag from a listbox to a grid, showing different cursors for odd and even rows in the grid. All the work is done in the ListBox with only grid.AllowDrop being set on the grid. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ListBoxDnD2Grid_830afac2.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon