We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AJAx loading after initial page load

Hi there,

is it possible to load the grid AFTER the page has been loaded so the users sees a loading bar or icon shortly after the page has loaded (to speed up initial page load) and then load the data afterwards?

Same for chart. Is here a possibility to do this?

Thank you

3 Replies

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team September 17, 2010 06:40 AM UTC

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Yes it is possible using “asp:UpdatePanel”. Place the “GridGroupingControl” inside an update panel and set the visible property of it to false. Now, update the UpdatePanel in “document.onload” client event. On Asynchronies postback, make the grid visible. Please refer the below code snippet to achieve this.

[JavaScript]
// To do update on UpdatePanel1.
window.onload = function() {
__doPostBack("UpdatePanel1", "");
}

[ASPX]

AutoFormat="Vista" Visible=”false”>

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath M

MM Matthias Max September 21, 2010 07:31 AM UTC

Hi Barath,

thank you for your answer. I forgot to say that I don't want to use the UpdatePaneö as it is no real AJAX (In the background it is a full postback). I thought your controls have an own JAX engine build-in? You mention something like this in the chart component.

Any solution here?

Thanks a lot ,
Matthias

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team September 22, 2010 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Matthias,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We don’t have in-built AJAX engine to update the grid. We suggest you to use asp “UpdatePanel” to load grid/chart after initial page load.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon