We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SelectedRecordsChanging still moves the cursor

I want to cancel a Selected Record Changing upon user request. Though the record change is getting canceled, the current cell seems to be moving as showin the attached solution.

Steps:
1) Select any cell.
2) Change it's contents
3) Select some other row.
4) It will ask if you want to continue and click "NO".
5) The selected record (blue-background) still says as the old one, but the newly selected cell is shown as the current cell.

Can you please tell me how I should cancel the current cell movement also?

Thanks

SelectedRecordsChanging_bc2c55ad.zip

4 Replies

PN Phani N August 28, 2009 12:46 PM UTC

Anyone please? I thought this would be a very common problem.

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team August 28, 2009 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Phani,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Please refer to the following modified sample in which some codes handled in different events were modified in such a way that the currentcell focus doesn't move to the new record if 'No' button in messagebox is pressed. This issue occurs due to the code handled manually in events.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.3.0.20/F89517.zip

Regards,
Rajadurai

PN Phani N August 28, 2009 03:14 PM UTC

Thanks Rajadurai for your sample. I guess I had over-complicated my case. Can you please provide a simple sample of how to cancel the selected record change based on user's input? Whatever I do I seem to cause the currentcell or the current row header to move. I don't want any sort of movement if the user says so.

Thanks for your help.

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team August 31, 2009 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Phani,

Thanks for your update.

Please refer to the following modified sample in which the expected behavior(cell focus move on validation through messagebox) is achieved by means of a workaround handled in CurrentRecordContextChange event.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.3.0.20/F89517a.zip

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon