We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Fix for runtime error - "License has expired" (even when correct license is installed)

Dear customers,

Please note that this error does not affect everyone. Some of the areas where we have seen this error include ClickOnce deployment and Windows Forms, WPF applications that call into WCF services.

This issue will be resolved with the upcoming refresh release of Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Patch to correct this issue

Version 7.3.0.20

Please download the following assemblies

Syncfusion.Core.2.0-282903860.zip
Syncfusion.Core.3.5-54351764.zip

These assemblies should replace the file “Syncfusion.Core.dll” under the following folders.

• Version 2.0 file- Replace file under $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\precompiledassemblies\7.3.0.20\2.0
• Version 3.5 file – Replace file under $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\precompiledassemblies\7.3.0.20\3.5

After these assemblies have been replaced, please run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard which is installed as a shortcut in the application menu) to re-install assemblies. Re-build your application. The error should then be corrected. Please let us know if this does not help.

Version 7.2.0.37

Please download the following zip file.

core-patch-7-2-1083820527.zip.

Assemblies in this file should replace the file “Syncfusion.Core.dll” under the following folders.

•Version 2.0 file- Replace file under $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.2.0.37\precompiledassemblies\7.2.0.37\2.0
•Version 3.5 file – Replace file under $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.2.0.37\precompiledassemblies\7.2.0.37 \3.5

After these assemblies have been replaced, please run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard which is installed as a shortcut in the application menu) to re-install assemblies. Re-build your application. The error should then be corrected.

Please contact Syncfusion Technical Support if you require any additional information. Thank you for choosing Syncfusion.

Best regards,
Daniel

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2009 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Daniel

The patch did not help.

I keep getting the error Unable to grant license for design time.

Below the call stack
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent..ctor(Type type)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv..ctor()

I'm running version 7.3.0.20

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 10, 2009 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Mikkel,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Can we possibly look at your machine using GotoMeeting? Please let us know and we will setup a meeting.

Thanks,
Daniel

BS Barry Shulam September 18, 2009 02:55 PM UTC

This worked for me Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 19, 2009 06:14 PM UTC

Would this also fix the problem indicated by the stack trace below?
Also, would it be possible just to replace the Syncfusion.Core.dll for someone who has already installed our application?

Error Message: No valid key found to create licensecontext.slf. License context generation failed. Please include a valid key and try rebuilding the application.
Stack Trace: at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.TryAddingSLF(String workingDir)
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent..ctor(Type type)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SplashPanel..ctor()

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2009 12:37 PM UTC

We've used the new Syncfusion.Core.dll, rebuilt our app and we're still seeing this error:

'Error Message: No valid key found to create licensecontext.slf. License context generation failed. Please include a valid key and try rebuilding the application.'

Again, I can't reproduce but our users are seeing it constantly.

KB Kevin Bajracharya November 30, 2009 12:26 AM UTC

Hi,

I tried it as well but I am also having same issue.

I need help, ASAP.

VP Varun P Syncfusion Team November 30, 2009 04:08 PM UTC

Hi,

Once you applied the patch, it should not detect for the licensecontext.slf file since we removed that logic in this new patch. Please ensure that the applied patch version Syncfusion.Core assembly with the date of 7/17/2009 and make sure before you compile and run it.

Also, we have fixed lot of build issues and lot of new features and fixes are available in the latest version. You can download the latest version from
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Please try the new installer and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Varun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2010 05:43 PM UTC

I had the same problem as the previous two posters, i.e. "No valid key found to create licensecontext.slf". I can confirm that the patch does work even though the patched Syncfusion.Core.dll file is the same size as the original 7.302.0.20 file (118,784 bytes). Visual Source Safe reports the files as different and including the patched file in my setup project has removed the problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon