We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DropDownAutocomplete in grid grouping

I cant make this work!
In page load:

this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[2].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = GridCellTypeName.ComboBox;
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[2].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ShowButtons = GridShowButtons.ShowCurrentCell;
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[2].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DataSource = this.VVenuesDataSource1;
// this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[2].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ChoiceList = this.VVenuesDataSource1;

this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[2].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DisplayMember = "Name";
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[2].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ValueMember = "VenueId";
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[2].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.AutoComplete;

Drop down isnt editable! autocomplete doesnt work! PLEASE HELP Im in hurry

6 Replies

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team August 17, 2011 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared a simple sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=sample-combo-401667857.zip

Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution.The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if any concerns.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

JD jorge durban August 17, 2011 10:36 AM UTC

Sorry In your sample combobox is not editable too. Like in mine...
Thanks in advance.

JD jorge durban August 18, 2011 06:27 AM UTC

I need a cell that:

JD jorge durban August 18, 2011 08:01 AM UTC

I need a cell that: allow user to edit, shows a drop down, and autocompletes when user type text...
Is this not possible? Thanks in advance

JD jorge durban August 18, 2011 08:03 AM UTC

I need a cell that: allow user to edit, shows a drop down, and autocompletes when user type text...
Is this not possible? Thanks in advance

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team August 18, 2011 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Your requirement of displaying autocomplete dropdown can be achieved by adding the autocompletetextbox as a itemtemplate of a column.Please refer to the code-snippet below.

[ASPX]

IntiallyShown="false"
onprovidechoicelistoncallback="AutoCompleteTextBox1_ProvideChoiceListOnCallback" >

The Autocomplete textbox can be binded to a SqlDataSource in the ProvideChoiceListOnCallback event of the AutocompleteTextbox. An ArrayList can be populated with autocomplete suggestions got from the returned DataView as a result of executing Select() method. The ArrayList can be used as a ChoiceList to populate the Autocomplete Suggestions. Kindly refer the code snippet below to achieve this.

[C#]

protected void AutoCompleteTextBox1_ProvideChoiceListOnCallback(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.ACUserChoiceListEventArgs e)
{
ArrayList userChoiceList = new ArrayList();
SqlDataSource SQLds = new SqlDataSource();
SQLds.ID = "SqlDataSource2";
SQLds.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["HierarchyDataConnectionString"].ConnectionString;
SQLds.SelectCommand = "SELECT [Controls] FROM [AutoComplete]";
DataView dv = (DataView)SQLds.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty);
foreach (DataRow myRow in dv.Table.Rows)
{
userChoiceList.Add(myRow["Controls"].ToString());
}
e.ChoiceList = userChoiceList;
}

Also I have created a simple sample to test this and it can be downloaded from the link below.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=sample-combo (2)-1332887567.zip

Kindly try the above sample and please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon