We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl

I did add two dataset to the GridGroupingControl, and it can show the data(see the code in the attachment). After I add any event in the GridGroupingControl, it cause an error. Even I remove the event, the error still exist(see picture in the attachment). Why?

GridError.zip

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2006 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Clement, Your code works fine without throwing any exception. Can you see the issue in the attached sample? Regards, Calvin.

42942.zip

CL clement April 13, 2006 01:54 AM UTC

It still happened in my program, but I did find a solution for solving it. Thanks! Can you provide any sample about how to get the selected record information(both parent and child table) based on the attribute name in dataset? if possible, please send me a drap and drop sample to/out of the GridGroupingControl thanks again... Clement

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 07:50 AM UTC

Hi Clement, I have attached a sample, showing how to get the selected record information from parent/child table. Please refer to the below forum thread that has a sample which supports drag and drop for grouped columns and an forum link which has a sample that supports drag and drop for nested table. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=40606 Regards, Calvin.

CurrenrRecord.zip

CL clement April 13, 2006 09:32 AM UTC

Calvin, thanks a lot I try it in my program, and it work properly. But I found that some rows do not have any record it still show the ''+'' symbol in front. Can I hide/remove it if there is no record. Furthermore, when one row is selected in the grid, one cell will be focused and a rectangle box is shown. Can I hide/remove it? thanks! Best Regards, Clement

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 02:03 PM UTC

Hi Clement, Please refer to the below forum thread that has a sample which hides the RecordPlusMinus cell when there is no child records. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=42938 And to hide the current cell frame the below code can be tried. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.Options.ShowCurrentCellBorderBehavior = GridShowCurrentCellBorder.HideAlways; Regards, Calvin.

CL clement April 15, 2006 03:04 AM UTC

Thanks Calvin, that''s what I want. About the drag and drop function, it still cannot use in my program. I try to drag one item from ListView to GridGroupingControl. When the mouse move the parent table''s record, the row will be highlighted(because the item can only be dragged to the parent table), it do not allow to dragged to the child table(effect will be changed). After I study your sample, I still cannot make it... Do you have any sample that is similar with the feature I want. Thank you. Regards, Clement

CL clement April 17, 2006 09:03 AM UTC

I have the following questions, please help me to solve it : 1) when I drag an item over the grid, it will automatically highlight the selected record. 2) how to drag the grid''s record to a test box(or other control). Thank you best regards, Clement

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 17, 2006 03:31 PM UTC

Hi Clement, Attached is a sample that shows how to highlight the row on drag over and to drag the grid’s record in to a text box. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Regards, Calvin.

HighLight.zip

CL clement April 18, 2006 04:00 AM UTC

Calvin, thank you very much! I would like to know one more thing : 1) when I drag over the grid, can it move the selected record(or current element) as well? Because I need to get the value of the record when drag leave. thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2006 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Clement, Sorry, I did not get the requirement clearly. To drag and drop in to the grid, the grid DragDrop event must be handled and the record at the mouse position can be retrived as the DataRowView and the dragged data can be inserted in to that purticular record. This was shown clearly in the sample in the below forum thread. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=39690 Let us know if you are looking for something different. Regards, Calvin.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon