We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

class reference

I can''t seem to find this... and am having a hard time with little documentation. While I''m in Visual Studio itself, I can''t get any Syncfusion help -- is that how it''s supposed to work? I have to go directly into the help from the Syncfusion developer center. And even from there I can''t find a way to find the class reference for any class that I search on. The user guide says "The Class Reference provides a detailed description of the classes in Essential Grid. The Class Reference is integrated into the Visual Studio Help system to facilitate easy access and use. If you have questions about the usage of a particular class or method, the class reference is the place to look." Any advice?

4 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 10, 2006 07:33 PM UTC

Hi, Please check the filters that you have enabled in the documentation viewer. Ideally you should initially set to "(No filter)" to see if the Syncfusion help does show up. I have enclosed an image that shows how the help should appear if everything installed fine. There should be a entry called "Class Reference" under "Syncfusion Essential Studio" in the contents tree. Best regards, Daniel >I can''t seem to find this... and am having a hard time with little documentation. While I''m in Visual Studio itself, I can''t get any Syncfusion help -- is that how it''s supposed to work? I have to go directly into the help from the Syncfusion developer center. And even from there I can''t find a way to find the class reference for any class that I search on. > >The user guide says "The Class Reference provides a detailed description of the classes in Essential Grid. The Class Reference is integrated into the Visual Studio Help system to facilitate easy access and use. If you have questions about the usage of a particular class or method, the class reference is the place to look." > >Any advice? >

docs.zip

JW Jenny Wilson March 10, 2006 09:42 PM UTC

Hello, It''s not showing up at all when I set to (No Filter). Did I miss something during the install? Maybe I need to reinstall... Thanks. >Hi, > >Please check the filters that you have enabled in the documentation viewer. Ideally you should initially set to "(No filter)" to see if the Syncfusion help does show up. I have enclosed an image that shows how the help should appear if everything installed fine. There should be a entry called "Class Reference" under "Syncfusion Essential Studio" in the contents tree. > >Best regards, >Daniel > >>I can''t seem to find this... and am having a hard time with little documentation. While I''m in Visual Studio itself, I can''t get any Syncfusion help -- is that how it''s supposed to work? I have to go directly into the help from the Syncfusion developer center. And even from there I can''t find a way to find the class reference for any class that I search on. >> >>The user guide says "The Class Reference provides a detailed description of the classes in Essential Grid. The Class Reference is integrated into the Visual Studio Help system to facilitate easy access and use. If you have questions about the usage of a particular class or method, the class reference is the place to look." >> >>Any advice? >>

docs.zip

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 10, 2006 10:29 PM UTC

Hi, That is quite odd. Which version (VS.NET and Essential Studio) are you using? Can you try the following instead of re-installing? * run ${drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.51\Help\UnregisterOldCollection.bat * run UnregisterCollection.bat * run RegisterCollection.bat Please close VS.NET when running these batch files. Please let us know if this helps. Best regards, Daniel

JW Jenny Wilson March 11, 2006 12:17 AM UTC

That didn''t do it... I''m on version 2.1.0.9 of Syncfusion, and Visual Studio 2005. I did manage to find the class reference from the Documentation item but would sure be nice to have that plus all help available in VS. I''ll try to reinstall syncfusion and see what that does... Thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon