We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dynamic Grid Formatting

Hi I would like to try to do the following dynamically, where all the data, including column headers, is coming in from datasets: - create the grid with multiple header rows. - place a summary row beneath the header row(s) rather than at the bottom of the grid. - freeze the first column. - make alternate rows bold. - create filter bars on columns Any assistance much appreciated (I am using VB rather than CSharp). Thanks

4 Replies

CR Chris Rea June 22, 2005 04:37 PM UTC

Oops, I am referring to the grid.grouping control. >Hi > >I would like to try to do the following dynamically, where all the data, including column headers, is coming in from datasets: > - create the grid with multiple header rows. > - place a summary row beneath the header row(s) rather than at the bottom of the grid. > - freeze the first column. > - make alternate rows bold. > - create filter bars on columns > >Any assistance much appreciated (I am using VB rather than CSharp). > >Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2005 10:27 PM UTC

Hi Chris, Here is a sample demonstarting some of the features you are seeking. DUnzip it to the ..\Essential Suite\Web\Grid.Grouping.Web\Samples\CustomSectionInGroup folder and remember to set the vb directory as a virtual directory in IIS. (Take a look at the CustomSectionInGroup.vbproj.webinfo to see how to set it up.) With reference to your questions: - create the grid with multiple header rows. >> This is currently not possible. - place a summary row beneath the header row(s) rather than at the bottom of the grid. >> This is demonstrated in the sample. Take a look at the derived GridControl in the CustomEngine.vb file. Note how the various sections are set up in the OnInitializeSections override. - freeze the first column. >> This is currently not possible. - make alternate rows bold. >> This is discussed in this Knowledgebase Article and also demonstrated in the sample. - create filter bars on columns This is discussed in this Knowledgebase Article and demonstrated in the sample using code. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 23, 2005 07:48 AM UTC

Hi Arun Thanks for your prompt reply. Presumably the functionality I require - freeze column etc - is available in the Essential Grid for ASP.NET? Thanks Chris >Hi Chris, > >Here is a sample demonstarting some of the features you are seeking. DUnzip it to the ..\Essential Suite\Web\Grid.Grouping.Web\Samples\CustomSectionInGroup folder and remember to set the vb directory as a virtual directory in IIS. >(Take a look at the CustomSectionInGroup.vbproj.webinfo to see how to set it up.) > >With reference to your questions: > >- create the grid with multiple header rows. >>> This is currently not possible. > >- place a summary row beneath the header row(s) rather than at the bottom of the grid. >>> This is demonstrated in the sample. Take a look at the derived GridControl in the CustomEngine.vb file. Note how the various sections are set up in the OnInitializeSections override. > >- freeze the first column. >>> This is currently not possible. > >- make alternate rows bold. >>> This is discussed in this Knowledgebase Article and also demonstrated in the sample. > >- create filter bars on columns >This is discussed in this Knowledgebase Article and demonstrated in the sample using code. > >Regards >Arun > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 23, 2005 02:40 PM UTC

Chris, The freeze column functionality is not yet available in the ASP.Net Grouping Grid. But, it is available in our Windows Forms Grouping Grid. Regards, Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon